Tips and nonsense

3/05/2010 06:24:00 pm / The truth was spoken by Rich /

Shall we discuss a few ante-post bets I have gestating in my wagering womb. Yes why not.

We'll start with an intriguing investment I made in the Best Picture market for this year's Oscars. Obviously Hollywood is run by the Jews and with this is mind it seems rather generous for the bookies to have priced up Inglourious Basterds at 20/1.

One has to bare in mind that the biggest grossing movies of the year very rarely wins this award, which in this case would be the two favourites; Avatar and Hurt Locker. I've now seen that Inglourious basterds has been shortened to 12/1 as more and more prominent 'Red sea pedestrians' sing its praises.

Remember this is a movie that essentially turns Jews into Nazi's. If they're the gentle pacifists they claim to be, they ought not to like it, but Arnold Eisen of the Jewish Theological Seminary had this to say about it, "Wow that was fun, I shouldn't say that of course, but it was."

That's a direct quote too. No bullshit. So anyway, as far as I can see, this movie is way over-priced still at 12/1 so I may have a wee bit more on. Also Quentin Tarantino is still trading at 20/1 for best director.

Sport now and with the World Cup just a few short long months away, I've been sifting through the markets to see if anything arouses me. Specifically I've been looking at the top scorer market for the tournament.

The guy I want to back here isn't included anywhere, so I've emailed in to many of the online bookmakers to rectify this heinous omission. The player in question is obviously Mexican. His name is Javier Hernández known awesomely as 'El Chicharito' - the little pea.

He's only 21, but is already being receiving the sort of hype I've only ever seen in England when a new player emerges from a northern slum. In England the meeja only usually build a player up so they can destroy him later in his career, I'm not sure the Mexican's have that same sadistic mentality, so it's possible he's being built up just simply because he's so much better than anything they've seen recently.

He's definitely the kind of player that needs Arsene Wenger's coaching. I know Arsene reads my blog, so do make an effort to bring him to Arsenal please. He's certainly an Arsenal type player and would partner Carlos Vela brilliantly. Very much reminds me of Eduardo before his injury.

Being so small he'd obviously have his legs broken almost immediately by a gentle giant defender who wouldn't have meant it and hasn't a malicious bone in his body, but I'd still love to see him in an Arsenal shirt. And surely he'd be priced up at about 100/1 for the World Cup golden boot.

Whatever occurs in the World Cup, expect to see this wee lad in Europe - probably Spain - within a year.




Boxing now, and several weeks ago we decided to have a some monies on an Amir Khan knock-out of Paulie Malignaggi at 9/1. We weren't sure if this fight was going to go ahead, but it looks set now for May 15th. The price for an Amir knock-out has now shortened to 6/1. I feel pleased with this. I feel warm inside, like urinating in a wetsuit.

A wager under consideration is Everton to finish fourth or top the 'without the Big 4' league. Everton are currently 42.0 on Betfair in this market. I feel this is crazy talk, especially as Liverpool are still considered a 'Big 4' team.

I know they're something like ten points behind, but as Arsenal have already shown twice this season - a ten point gap can disappear in no time. Arsenal have been eleven points behind Chelsea and caught up, slipped back to nine points behind and caught up again.

I've just now convinced myself to have a bet on Everton. I've still got ante-post bet on Arsenal to be Champions too and a cracking 27.0 reverse-forecast on Chelsea/Arsenal 1st and 2nd. If any of these come in I'll have a permanent grin on my boat race. How ironic a permanent smile is called a Chelsea smile.


Laugh at me eh? I'll make you laugh the rest of your fucking life


Labels: , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment