Cheltenham at the Fox

3/09/2010 03:10:00 am / The truth was spoken by Rich /


For those of you who are local and enjoy the odd hand of poker, just a quick reminder the Fox Inn pre-Cheltenham Festival £250 freeze-out will take place on Sunday March 14th at 5:30pm - approximately 5:30pm.

We'll be holding some satellites earlier that same afternoon, so if you fancy a shot at building your Festival bankroll or your sammich budget if you're not into racing - get over there early afternoon with a roll of folding money and some good old fashioned British spunk and let the games begin.

For the racing enthusiasts, if you're not going to the course, obviously the Fox Inn is the place to drink in the action all week and ...and just to drink in really.

I shall be there on Toosday definitely and Gold Cup day. There's a chance I may miss Wednesday as I should almost certainly have a hangover and it's also St Patrick's day and I don't want to celebrate some charlatan's claim to have rid the Emerald Isles of snakes - which of course is an allegorical and gentle euphemism for some one who set fire to a load of pagans.

Thursday I will see off the rest of my hangover and whizz over there after the races for a few sociable evening drinky poos. At the weekend I will rest.

10,000 chips 30 minute clock. 5:30pm start.

Labels: , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment