At least I don't care

3/29/2010 04:12:00 pm / The truth was spoken by Rich /

A quick report of last night's pokering, but before that I'd like to share with you briefly, an observation of mine regarding young Patrik Antonius.

I'm sure he's a good looking chap and everything and there's nothing wrong at all with being proud of how you look, but personally, as the years have gone by, he looks to have too much pride for my liking. So much pride in fact he might even involve himself in some sort of march.

He seems more and more like some one you'd see working at Gary Anderson's hairdressing salon - or maybe someone you might find serving drinks at Zippers, a bar me and my parents strolled into unawares while out for a stroll in Toronto. Think that was the first and last time my father has ever been called honey by another man in fact.

Again, nothing wrong with all this, just if I was a high stakes player I'd be a little uncomfortable seated near the man. I don't think there should be any danger of catching a glimpse of a man's nipple when you're looking for tells is all.


Now then..last night. It was Deja Vu boyo all over again isn't it. There's a Welsh kid playing there who I have encountered twice. It hasn't been confirmed yet, but I think he qualifies now as my nemesis despite only these two pastings he's offered up to me.


At Christmas, sat there with his iPod and seemingly oblivious to everything, he continued to win pot after pot against me. At that time I was in the very rare position of running over the table. I do this so infrequently, but I was unable to really enjoy it as he presented himself as somewhat of a speed bump. He busted me eventually (with A-Q, I had 8-8).

Fast forward last night. Same deal, sort of. I fear then worst when in the first level with 25-50 blinds he comes in for a raise for 500! I lost half my stack early, mostly to him. Then recovered only to eventually have this kid bust me in gut churningly ironic fashion.

See now, I'd been making raising with good enough holdings. Twice against him with A-Q, but he's one of these shove monkeys who won't play down the streets, so he's shoved his big stack in against me each time and I've had to fold. I'm assooooming he has either medium pairs or worse A-K.

As the final table progressed I've managed to go a whole round without playing a hand and I find myself in the blinds again. I have about 35,000 with the blinds at 2,000-4,000. Welsh nemesis is chip leader. He flat calls in mid-position. There's a raise in the cut-off to 9,000 which I think is an odd amount. I have 10-7 spades and decide to call with a view to executing an awesome stop and go. I expect Welsh nemesis to flat as well, but he shoves his whole stack in after my call and following a five minute dwell up during which time we weren't sure if he was thinking about his hand or the valleys.

Original raiser folds. So I have a decision. I have a pot of 27,000 plus WN's stack. I have 25,000 behind. So, it's 25,000 to win 52,000 - if I win I have 77,000 and am good shape. I think he does not have a huge hand, his dwelling up was not acting, he's just a retard. I surmise he has a small middle pair he just can't bring himself to fold, or it's the A-K, the hand I tried to avoid so many times before with my A-Q.

I decide I want to try and win the thing not eek into the monies, so I decide to take my shot and call. He does indeed have the A-K. I do indeed lose. All my many hours of close quarters fighting at the Pigeons has still not prepared me for players like this. I can't beat them. I try and work them out, when in fact you can't work them out, because they don't know what they're doing themselves. I am therefore destined to lose unless the Gods for some reason want to throw me a bone,which of course, given my recent blog entries, will never happen again.

I least I don't care anymore.

Meanwhile back at the Pigeons quiz, the information I have received is sketchy, but it looks like there was more controversy. So far all I know is Paulie 'two thumbs' has been handed another ban (for being right according to the man himself). I can only assume either quiz master Colin has fucked up again, or the team on the middle table had nine players again. The Gods are angry at the Mob.

Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment