Wednesday wagering..

2/24/2010 06:23:00 pm / The truth was spoken by Rich /


So today is very very important for me betting wise. Russia v Canada later is without a shadow of a doubt brown trousers time. You know you've got too much on when you can't think of anything else for more than ten minutes without harking back to it.

It's not that I'm not confident of course, I still maintain that Canada should never have been odds against for the Gold medal, I just didn't envisage these two teams coming together before the freakin' medal rounds had even started. No one did really as far I'm aware.

So anyway, I'd be much obliged if Canada could just bally well win this game and give me 24 hours of respite before I feel the same gut churning nausea when they play Sweden who I assume will beat Slovakia.


I was contemplating betting on Inter Milan, but English teams just seem to have such a good record against the Eye-talians, even with the Jose Mourinho factor, I've decided to steer well clear of it. I bet against Inter a few days ago when they played Sampdoria who were something like 9/1 to win. I was feeling great when Inter - who appear to be hated by all Italians - were down to nine men.

The commentator then announced that Mourinho had not lost a home league game for 130 games stretching back to his Porto days, which crushed my spirits like a Peachey pocket rockets slow-roll.

So, instead I've invested a few monies in 4 way trebles involving the following teams:

Mexico 1.59 - my boys are all set to give Bolivia another pasting tonight in San Francisco in a meaningless game. They're fielding World Cup hopefuls as it's a friendly. Betting on these types of games is a dodgy proposition but my boys, my lads, my boys beat them 5-1 last time they played in the qualifiers so I reckon a win is a safe enough outcome.

Aston Villa 1.40 - ought to see off Crystal Palace no?
Reading 5.09 - at 4/1 I was unable to ignore them. If they can give the Scousers a duffing up at Anfield they surely have a chance against West Brom
Crewe 2.5 - I know nothing about them, but I got bored of searching so just picked them as my fourth selection.

This bet is of course the staple diet of the muggiest of mug punters, but I'm feeling so muggy at the moment you could drink tea out of me. It pays something like £600 and is obviously heavily dependent on Reading winning, which suddenly seems far less likely than it did before I posted the bet.**

But anyway, this coming in will allow me to absorb a Canadian loss tonight with only the minimum of psychological damage,..say no more than betting heavy through the streets with absolute air against Joy and being called down each time accompanied by the bone chilling death knell... "so what have I gotta put in?" You know you're fucked when hear that.

** I've been impressively wrong this evening.

Lord ha' mercy Canada win 7-3, pheeee-yooo. Now trading on Betfair at 1.8 for Gold medal. My nerves are less frayed. Could lay some of this bet off now, but I won't. I shall man up and see it through.

Labels: , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment