Canada wins and aboot time too eh?

2/28/2010 11:05:00 pm / The truth was spoken by Rich /


Thank the lord that's over, far too close for my liking, although a fantastic final. I was all set to compose a most scathing blog entry about Sidney Crosby after he missed that one-on-one chance to close the game out late in the third period, but thankfully I can now post a far more complimentary one.

He's had a very quiet games to be fair and I think Jonathon Toews put up all the numbers everyone expected from Crosby - so when he missed that one-on-one I'm afraid I let out a few expletives. "He's no legend" I shouted at my telly. "If he was a legend," I continued, "he'd have stuck that in the net cause that's what legends do. He'd have own the Gold for his country, that's what a legend does. It's what Tazer would have done, I know that." I've redacted the c and f words and paraphrased, but that was the jist.

So then the US of American States score the tieing goal with less time on the clock than it takes to call Crosby's mother a whore and it's all looking decidedly unpleasant. But of course, he was just biding his time. A true legend would bide his time and win it in OT rather than regulation. How silly was I not to recognise this? Far more dramatic. It takes balls up to 20% bigger to do it that way and for that I salute him.

Crosby whose mother isn't a whore after all.

I know he reads my blog, so I thank him and apologise for doubting him. I'd also ask respectfully if he could just let his mother know there's a series of unpleasant emails in her inbox as we speak and if she could just delete them without calling the FEDS I'd appreciate it.

Finally, I'd just like to make it known to all those people who were only paying me the slightest of attention when I tipped up the Blackhawks to win the Stanley Cup this year at 11/1, that the three players of the tournament were Johnny Toews, Patrick Kane and Marian Hossa. Now then, who do them guys play for?

Now if you'll excuse me, I have monies to spend, crumpets and the Ebays await.

Tazer, yesterday: the best centre in the NHL I think you'll find

Labels: , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment