The men who would be kings

11/08/2009 01:26:00 am / The truth was spoken by Rich /

Fair enough, I backed him without knowing who he was, but my £10,000 Yankee wager has been dashed by the cruelest of beats. After busting James Akenhead with an aces v kings confrontation - my man Kevin Schaffel found himself a few hours later in exactly the same situation! Crazyness.

This time his aces were up against the kings of Eric Buchman for something like a $37m pot. Buchman on this occasion though was able to improve ever so slightly to quads - QUADS I tells ya!! While my jaw hit the floor, my man hit the rail. She's a cruel mistress, poker - when you're not even playing you can still lose.


In other news David Haye some how overcame Valuev in a sort of micro-metaphor for natural selection. Man defeats beast. An uneventful bout, Haye was pure comedy leaping a foot in the air every time he tried to land one on the chin of his pre-historic opponent.

Surprisingly this has not been photoshopped. Valuev bless him
does actually look like that when he's being thumped.

Unfortunately for Valuev you get no points even from a German judges for just being big and hairy and the decision rightfully went to David Haye. I actually felt some sympathy for the Russian who, despite weeks of relentless personal insults from Haye, has held a very dignified silence. I hope he never stumbles across my blog in to be fair.

Pure chaos ensued on the betting exchanges allowing a recovery of the small wagers placed on Valuev. When the bell went for the 12th round Haye was 4.5 on Betfair - as Haye landed some good shots and Valuev actually wobbled the betting went mental - and as the bell sounded for the end of the fight he was favourite!

The final minute of the final round and the moments before the decision were more exciting than the previous eleven and half rounds. Well played Haye I suppose, but I think I'd rather bet on Snooker or cricket when Pakistan are playing than bet on heavyweight boxing with serious monies.

:

Labels: , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment