Weekend review

10/19/2009 02:09:00 pm / The truth was spoken by Rich /

A poor weekend's wagering in retrospect. So near yet so so far. Coupled with another failed attempt at conquering the Pigeon's game, one has had to spend some time this morning over a cup of tea without jam and bread to reassess. Now that's over and with the trip to DTD postponed until next week I shall use this week to prepare for the Pigeon's quiz on Sunday.

Another wild swing at beating the "Barbarians" who wear cardigans and bring their own chairs. I fancy we can get a little more wood on the ball this week though and if we're unsuccessful again we'll just have to take wild swings at them. This afternoon I'll be researching Prime Ministers and eating cake with a nice glass of Night Nurse.


Sport now; if there was any doubt as to which manager our football media has pledged their allegiance, one only had to sit through a few minutes of Sky Sports' "Sunday Supplement" yesterday. What on Earth I was doing awake at that hour I don't know, but the violent bout of vomiting that ensued from listening to four foootball journalists eulogising Ferguson and refusing to accept that any punishment should ensue from his lunatic rant about Alan Wiley's fitness, was enough to return me to my slumber exhausted, dehydrated and with carroty breath.

Apparently Ferguson's attempt to tarnish the reputation of a Professional referee just so people wouldn't discuss how shit his team had just played, is fine as it's "just classic Fergie." Pardon me chaps, but I don't think that would stand up in a court of law. When Mary Jane Kelly was mutilated in 1888 it was just classic Jack the Ripper, that doesn't mean it's acceptable. "Classic Fergie" just means he's a cunt a lot of the time and should have be banned, fined and beaten far more regularly.


The problem here of course is that these horribly obsequious parasites will not denigrate Ferguson or and superstar English players, because if they did they wouldn't get to have cozy chats with them and be able to delude themselves into believing they actually have a personal relationship with them. Foreign players and managers, they couldn't give a toss about, so they reserve all their negative comments for them. It's much the same on the front pages of the paper. The media are now invested in David Cameron so you will not now read a negative article about him until after he's PM.


Weather now; it's fucking cold out. I like it though. I've been waiting for it to get colder so I can wear my cool Russian hat. You can say what you want about the Russians; communism may not have worked and most of their population drinks after-shave now, but they know how to make cool hats. I've been giving some serious thought to buying some boots too. Big leather ones. Not cowboy style as such all pointy and with jangly bits, but something like;


I'll bid you good day.

Labels: , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment