Wednesday evening update

10/21/2009 05:52:00 pm / The truth was spoken by Rich /

I'm in London as we speak. I'm going to the theatre later but for now as I have a couple of hours to kill, I'm holed up in a bar. It's a brasserie really. The barman gave me my change on a silver dish - it was all pound coins - no folding money. Do they do this because they want a tip? The bar dudes in Merca do that; they give you change in singles so you can tip. I'm not tipping him. I'm sat at the bar it's not like he had to bring it to me. I think I'll get pissed and heckle the actors later.


I just realised I look like someone who has been stood up. I better stop looking at my watch. 10-4.

Update: Lots of people have ordered a single glass if champagne. The man two seats to my right is drinking champagne and eating crisps. He is also reading the Daily Express. Is this a London thing, the champagne drinking? Or a brasserie thing perhaps or just a Wednesday evening thing? I myself am drinking Heineken but feel uncouth. It's fortunate I'm wearing brown corduroy or they'd sling me out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment