Scope for improvement

10/02/2009 01:33:00 am / The truth was spoken by Rich /

I'm all over the shop today. I've slept five hours since about Wednesday afternoon and I'm experiencing that foggy mind funk I usually only have to endure in Vegas.

I've absorbed much talk on the TV news about Gordon Brown and earlier became trapped on the You Tubes watching episodes of Star Trek. I'm OK now though, but I decided I needed to inject some culture into my life STAT.

Consequently I've bought a ticket to Kevin Spacey's new production of Inherit the Wind at the Old Vic. The story of the "Scopes Monkey trial" in 1926 where a US teacher in Tennessee was prosecuted for teaching the theory of evolution to his class of wee ones.

Since I'm going to be in the smoke I shall also whizz over to the National Gallery and stare for a very long time at Georges-Pierre Seurat's Bathers at Asnières. I do so love these paintings, so much so I'm willing to endure London to enjoy one of them.


In the meantime I feel it's time I played some poker. I shall therefore make an attempt at the Boundry House £100 freeze-out tomorrow night and take a trip to DTD for their £40 double-chance game on Monday. These games shall book-end the Pigeon's game on Sunday which is a unique cultural experience all itself.

Labels: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment