Mocking Mock the week

10/20/2009 09:43:00 am / The truth was spoken by Rich /


Mock the week is a show I don't watch. Mainly because I think it's shit. I don't like shows with panels of comedians who are only comedians because they appear on shows like this and Frankie Boyle makes me feel like I've just taken a swig of sour milk.

So with this in mind; Tuesday's hypocrite of the day trophy goes to him - apparently he said Rebecca Adlington looked "like someone looking at themselves in the back of spoon." She has a big nose, fair enough, but that's one feature on her face that looks a little disproportionate, where as Frankie Boyle's face looks like it's been battered like a boiled egg with the back of a spoon.

There are no shortage of genuinely unpleasant people who desperately need mocking in this country (there's 646 of them in the House of Commons alone), so if six or seven people want to get together every week and throw stones in glass houses I have no problem with this, but surely young Rebecca should not be a target. She's an Olympic Gold Medal winner and an inspiration to a generation of our disenfranchised over-weight zombied wee ones. And a nice person to boot, in an industry so full of arrogance and pretence. Where as Frankie Boyle is a sarcastic pointless twat. Reason 3,245 not to pay the TV license.


* * *

In other news, I sauntered over to the Fox last night for the £50 freeze-out and eeked out a second place finish. So on my return home I was in the mood for one of my 2am random Ebay purchases and found this:


Isn't she beautiful? The Pigeon's game is now the centre of the poker universe and I felt it was about time it had its own trophy. Aesthetically second only to the FIFA world cup trophy I think you'll agree. Hopefully it'll arrive before the next game in a fortnight.

The FIFA world cup trophy: Only slightly nicer than the Pigeon's Cup

Labels: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment