Friday's business

10/23/2009 01:37:00 pm / The truth was spoken by Rich /


Despite not being match fit I have decided to ante up and play the first £10o event at DTD this weekend. I've just been to the big house. I have been diagnosed as having a bastard of a chest infection. I've been given awesome strength pain killers and antibiotics to see me through these harshsome times. This medication make me crazy though, not just Dutch courage, but BENELUX courage and parts of Scandinavia too courage. So I should be out in the second or third level following a spectacular bluffing failure or from just spilling my chips over the line with an errant elbow when reaching for my drink.

If I can avoid these mishaps, who knows, even the sun shines on a dogs arse every now and then whatever that means. See I'm already talking shite. I've got no chance. All that knowledge about British monarchs and Prime Ministers I've accumulated this week is just evaporating as we speak, I can feel it oozing from me, the quiz on Sunday will be a disaster.


In other news, apparently lots of people go to bars and order single glasses of champagne. It's not just a London thing. I clearly don't get out enough or I'm just not patronising the right sorts of places. I still think it's odd. I think people must surely only do it so they can be seen to be doing it. I hate people like that. They usually wear turtle neck jumpers, black ones, like some sort of, well,.... Frenchman or somfing, and would sooner buy their 7 year old daughter a tool box than a dolls house. The kind of people that have book shelves in their living rooms and eat off square plates. It's no wonder they're letting the BNP on Question Time these days.


Speaking of which, I thought Nick Griffin was predictably pathetic last night, a real let down, second only in patheticness to Jack Straw. I was wondering if Griffin was going to an unapologetic racist with a back bone who was just going to go out all gins blazing; call Bonnie Greer a sooty, and Jack Straw a hook nosed Red Sea pedestrian, the whole nine yards...instead he had the back bone of a gummy bear. They're are just bullies really are they not, racists, when you boil them down..now there's a thought.

I had a funny encounter with a Nazi once on Staten Island as it goes, I may have told you this before, but bear with me; I came out of a bar dressed in my suit and tie as I had been to work that day and was waiting outside for my chum who was powdering her nose and fanny. Stood a few feet away from me were a black couple waiting for a bus. Along comes our Neo-Nazi - dressed in standard Nazi stuff, jeans, bomber jacket and with tattooes on his very face - Swastiki tattoos on his face and head, many other tattoos on arms hands and neck.

Sort of like this chap

As it turned out, he was lost and wanted to know where some place was. Who do you think he asked? Baring in mind my head was shaved at this point in my career. He asked the black couple! Instead of asking me - a white dude with a shaved head - he went over to the black couple and very politely asked them if they knew where he might locate his whereabouts. And they told him where to go. I mean actually where he needed to go, not where he should go.

I mean really...if you're so deeply racist that you'll have your bigotry burned into your face you'd think you would uphold your deluded ethnic snobbery at all times, but apparently no. A middle class unthreatening couple were enough to regress him back to the shy child he probably once was before he got into the ol' racism.

Very odd. Once he'd left, the couple looked at me, I looked at them, they were thinking the same as me, I could tell. My chum then emerged from her powdering and asked me if I'd wet myself. My confused look is very similar to the one I wear when I've had a few beers and pissed in my own pants you see. Fun times. Strange times.

So yes, a funny bunch the ol' irrelevant racists. Shame they devoted the whole show to Griffin really. As I understood it, although he was on there, it wasn't a BNP special. I'd have much rather seen a normal show with random questions with a broader spectrum of discussion instead of the naval gazing nonsense about how racist Nick Griffin is, something we all knew anyway. I'd like to have known how he was going to shore up the NHS and salvage our education system, but all we got was something about radio intercepts and Jack Straw's Dad being in prison when he should 'o been doing 'is duty.


Football now and I was having a conversation with my cabbie on Wednesday night about Arsenal, he seemed to think we'll win the Premier League this year and cabbies know everything. The Knowledge these days is not just London's streets, apparently they have to know everything now, even the future and this is my boys' time apparently. He may have just been after a tip, I didn't think about that until just now..oh well, I should have pretended to be a Chelsea fan, I prefer to think he was speaking the truth though. So anyway yes...hoorah for us. Get on, lump on, large 4/1 bargain!

:

Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment