Betting the Farm

10/13/2009 04:00:00 am / The truth was spoken by Rich /

I was able to emerge from an early evening snooze to make it over to the Fox this evening for a £50 PLO freeze-out. I got nowhere, but managed to eek out a profit in the cash game.

A profit which at the time I thought was not insignificant, until I heard tell of a backgammon game in progress in the bar played for £1000 a point.

Player A (pictured left) at the time was £3,500 in profit. Unfortunately he was then Gammoned for a £4,000 loss. Demands for a final game at the same stakes were made, but declined. Negotiations ensued.

A final game at "sensible" stakes was settled upon; just £350 a point. Player A narrowly avoiding another gammon for just a £850 loss on the night. Even for the Fox this seemed a significant sum so I note it here for posterity.

Labels: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment