Special delivery

9/18/2009 10:43:00 pm / The truth was spoken by Rich /

So this evening I was having a snooze and dreaming of something which I don't mind telling you was a little kinky yet arousing and there's a knock at my door. I awake with a start. Was that my door I ask myself? Another knock. Yes, yes it was. Why are people not using my bell these days I wonder. Note to self, check bell.

It's 8pm I'm not expecting anyone and I pray it's not the person I was just dreaming about because I'm wearing my pajamas and she has been dead for many years. I also don't have any celery. It's the postman! The postman I tells ya. At 8pm it's the postman. He has a parcel for me. Special delivery. Awesome.

I love tits and biscuits as much as the next man, but I'm with Julie Andrews when it comes to brown paper packages tied up with string. Definitely one of my favourite things, even during the height of the IRA's bombing campaign.

I know instantly what it is. It's my Lego. A thirty year old classic Space Lego set. A special delivery indeed. Now the coolest and oldest thing I own. It's the closest thing to an antique as I'm ever likely to own. She's a beauty. Her box is a wee bit worn and ragged, but she's in great shape for her age. Just like Felicity Kendall.


I was five years old the last time I hand my hands on such an awesome bit of kit. Pink Floyd were the Christmas Number 1. with Another brick in the wall and Arsenal were third in Division one and would beat Tottenham 1-0 on boxing day. Why did they ever stop the Boxing Day derby games? So anyway, my Dad didn't feel I had the skills to put it together and he was right. I had only just learnt how to piss without pulling my trousers right down to my ankles.

He built it for me while I sourced the parts. I ate my breakfast and watched it taking shape. So in awe I lacked the concentration to prevent my dog taking a crafty lick at my Ready-Brek. The fucker. An hour later and it was built. My Dad proudly displayed the thing by lifting it up with one hand high into the air. Then dropped it. Smashing it into many many pieces. Oh how we laughed. All in all it was just many bricks on the floor. Happy days.



Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment