Simon Singh on Derren Brown

9/11/2009 10:24:00 pm / The truth was spoken by Rich /

That's an hour of my life I could have spent eating fish fingers. I liked Derren Brown's act before this lottery nonsense. I've gone off him now. I feel utterly embarrassed for those 24 people who genuinely believed they had correctly collectively predicted the lottery numbers. I'm also ashamed and unnerved that I belong to the same species. That they would take the word of a magician over the outcome of a 14 million to one shot is really quite alarming.

Just how gullible can any one person be? It's because of people like this that the Hitler's of the world come to power. Believe anything they will. I bet the Third Reich came about when Hitler got 24 pissed off German's into a room and persuaded them that the Jews were responsible for all their woes and to go out and spread the word.


Simon Singh's Derren Brown article I find agreeable; here Quite right Mr Singh.

Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment