Grange Hill series 12 - Episode 9

9/03/2009 03:03:00 pm / The truth was spoken by Rich /

Oh my gah he's killed Kendall!!

I've come to the end of my trip down memory lane. Danny Kendall has been found dead in Bronson's car. Bronson who by now has morphed into Adolf Hitler (did you know in fact that Michael Sheard played Hitler many many times during his career including the sequal to the Dirty Dozen) has bullied poor Danny Kendall remorselessly despite him only being back at Grange Hill for a short time following treatment for a brain tumour!

What sort of teacher bullies a kid with a funny head? It's no wonder he ended up working for the evil Empire. Series 12 was about the time I abandoned Grange Hill as a child. I'd found that wanking was more fun when you got a girl to do it for you and I was also trying to adjust to the Arsenal having a decent side for once.


I was also put off the show by Mauler McCaul's Gridiron Crew which was an idea surely born out of afternoon highs induced by writers sniffing their toxic marker pens with the windows closed. Next to the Gripper Stepson racism story line and Zammo's heroine addiction, a bunch of tubby 14 year olds running round in NFL helmets with their socks tucked into their trousers seemed rather pitiful by comparison and as edgy as a boiled egg.

This nostalgia trip has been fun, but four days of listening to cockney urchins bastardising the Queen's English has left me in a weak state intellectually. I must now spend and equal amount of time bulking-up as it were on heavy Russian literature to renew my ferocious intellect. But first one more attempt at buying Lego.

Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment