Going Dutch

9/03/2009 05:25:00 pm / The truth was spoken by Rich /

If I'm to win one of these Lego auctions I'm going to need to place a few shrewd wagers, but before I do that I'm going to have a bet on women's football. Haha yes seriously, women are playing football now. They even have their own European Championships bless them. It's being played right now as we speak in Finland.

It's really a lesbian pride parade, but under Finnish law, parades cannot discriminate on grounds of sexual preference so they've had to masquerade their deviant sexual exhibition as a football tournament. They're kidding no one of course, but as long as the Dutch team are still involved, who cares is what I always say?

On a serious note, I'm all for these little exercises in solidarity sisters, but what concerns me is that there are over 300 women from all over Europe involved in this thing. That's 300 offices and hospitals deprived of secretaries and nurses for a ten day period simply because of egocentric feminist posturing. Well if letters don't get typed up and patients die I hope it was worth it lesbians, I hope it was worth it.

An empty secretary's chair yesterday

With regards tonight's parade, the French girls will undoubtedly have hairy arm pits and wispy tashes and although they're favourites to progress to the semi's, I'm going to back the Dutch girls (11/4) - they may not win, but at the very least I'll progress to a semi watching them.

A Dutch nurse yesterday

Labels: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment