Lords and the Oval

8/19/2009 11:35:00 pm / The truth was spoken by Rich /

Finally this evening, just in case I don't get up in time tomorrow, I should like to inform you I'm having a horsey bet tomorrow at Stratford. Three bets actually. Two singles on Keltic Lord and Lord Baskerville respectively and a double featuring these same two.

Keltic Lord because it's owned by a chum and it won over course and distance last week very impressively and hopefully the old boy won't be too knackered out to do it again and Lord Baskerville because there was a documentary about John Baskerville last night and he is on my list of greatest ever Britons so this must surely be a sign?

I'd also really appreciate it if the groundsmen at the Oval could produce a pitch so flat as to make Holland look like the Alps so even England could get 500+. A draw will win me a half a bag of sand with which I could then over-indulge with the Lego bids and give this APAT event a bash.

Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment