75 1/2 Bedford St.

8/30/2009 03:55:00 am / The truth was spoken by Rich /

This is the skinniest building in New York. It's number 75 1/2 Bedford Street in Greenwich Village. At a gossamer-tastic 8.5ft wide and 32feet long and can be yours for just $2.6m. Bargain.

It's most famous owner was Edna St. Vincent Millay the lezza poet from whom we get the phrase burning the candles at both ends;

My candle burns at both ends;
It will not last the night;
But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--
It gives a lovely light!

She's living life in the fast lane is what she means and it will shorten her life but she doesn't care cause she's having such fun. I don't buy that, she was only 58 when she died but I think this is a clear metaphor for sharing a dildo with another female. Saucy minx. I like her style. That must have caused quite a scandal in the Village in 1920.

Labels: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment