How was Thursday for you?

6/04/2009 07:11:00 pm / The truth was spoken by Rich /

I'm giving some thought to a visitation of the Chinese take-away. Yes they terrify me, but I do so love their BBQ spare ribs. There's a fair chance the ribs are human and the BBQ sauce is laced with blood, but they do taste good.

In other news my Dad came over here today with a dog in tow. It was sort of like a doberman only smaller. Much smaller. See this picture..imagine this is to scale 1:1. It was the cutest little fella...possibly the smallest dog in the country.


I had to give them both a lift home as we weren't sure if his little legs could cope with the return journey. We put him in the cup holder as we drove home. He was some sort of Chihuahua/Terrier/Doberman cross or something. Must have been a tricky ménage à trois.

* * *

There's a dead bird by my backdoor. I hate birds. They're so freakin' scary looking. I'm sure it's a bad omen. I don't want to touch it. I'm hoping a cat will carry it off in the night.


How do birds die? Can they die when they're flying and just fall out of the air or do they know when their number is up and find somewhere comfy to expire? Is it possible he just fell off my roof and wasn't able to engage his wings before he hit the deck? I bet an urchin threw a stone at him.

* * *

Finally, I settled on a car today. It's a Vauxhall Astra Twin Top thing. To be fair it was described as "camper than a pink Nissan Micra" by the Top Gear people and it's a bit shaky, like going down a hill in a shopping trolley and although it has four seats there's actually no leg room for the back seats - maybe 10 cm at best so unless your passenger is an 8 year old child or Douglas Bader the back seats are for storing the bagge that won't fit in the boot when the top is down. I got it because I liked the way the way the roof retracts. It's got about 50 working parts and takes slightly more time to retract than the roof of the Millenium Stadium, but cool nonetheless.

Yes, I will go the Chinese. Wish me luck.

Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment