An awesome climax

5/12/2009 04:50:00 am / The truth was spoken by Rich /

If the guy who lives above me reads my blog, I must apologise to him for the noises I've just been making. My boys have just won a classic - a true classic too; a 7-5 blow out - and are through to the conference finals for only the second time since I've been following them - the first time since 1995 when Patrick Kane who scored three amazing goals tonight, was only 6 years old.

It's only sport that can offer up a roller-coaster ride of emotions like the last two and half hours has for me you know. And winning, well if memory serves, I'd have to say in many ways it is better than sex. Sex while extremely pleasant has a predictable ending.

The conclusions of sporting events are far less predictable and therefore more exciting and less messy and I must confess to being far more vocal when I'm watching sport. I say the same sorts of words: fuck, yes, fucking yes, GET IN!...only louder and more aggressively when I'm watching the Blackhawks or Arsenal.

So anyway, yes, this has pleased me. My spirits have been as low as my vitamin count recently, but this has lifted them greatly. And assuming they meet the somewhat vulnerable Redwings who look like seeing off the Anaheim Ducks tomorrow, there comes the possibility of a classic orginal six Conference Final series and my Blackhawks doing what Arsenal have been unable to do - reach THE final. We'll discuss chances of actually winning the cup a little later on. Let's not get ahead of ourselves for now.

From a punting point of view, our initial 18.0 price for the Blackhawks to win the cup is looking a very sound investment, they are now available at 4.6. I will now do what every man does after a tremendous climax and sleep for ten hours. Good ni...zzzzzzzzzzzzzz




Labels: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment