Poker gods giveth then taketh away

4/23/2009 01:38:00 pm / The truth was spoken by Rich /

I'm loathe to litter my updates with tedious bad beat stories, but today was astonishing. I've seen some unbelievable out-draws this week, but was only on the receiving end of one them. Today however I was gang-raped by them.

I flop the nut-flush holding Ace-2 diamonds. The flop was 5-6-10 diamonds. I lost to a guy holding pocket sevens when the turn and the river were both 5s giving him a full-house. After I was lifted back onto my chair by the floorman I was dealt Jack-Queen of hearts. I saw a flop of 8-9-10 rainbow and end up chopping the pot with a lady holding 6-7 when the turn and river came Jack-Queen.

There were a few others but every time I try and recount them I can't hold back the tears so I will spare you my hell. I did actually win few dollars this afternoon at Planet Hollywood so in real terms those beats only cost me $40 but psychologically I may never be the same. I'm soiled. I have no idea how to revierate myself.

I've decided to come out swinging. I have not endured a ten hour flight to cower in my room like some sort of homosexual. Tomorrow me and Gus are going to get a little crazy. It could get messy. Nurse, the screens please.

Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment