Final table at Caesers

4/25/2009 10:32:00 pm / The truth was spoken by Rich /

Justify FullI made a last minute decision to play the midnight $120 freeze-out at Caesars Palace last night. Unfortunately it started at 11pm. I got in as an alternate and without anything spectacular occurring I manouevered my way through the 50 runner tournament to make it to the final table with a liittle under average chips but confident as I was playing well and it had been a good game with good dealers and good table chat, this was the kind of thing I came to Vegas for and something that has been lacking so far.

I felt like I was reading the table well and calling people's hands Daniel Negreanu stylee I thought I was respected by the other players and as an after thought I really felt I could actually win rather than just cash. I was out soon after that thought.

There were 9 of us left after an early bust out. With 200,000 chips in play I was a little under the 22,000 average with 16,000. The blinds at this time were 600-1,200 with a 100 ante. I was in the big-blind and looked down at pocket Queens.

A raise from a lady who looked a bit like Pippa Flanders of 4,000 and I shove it all in as you do. An insta-call and Pippa's Aces sent me hurtling to the restrooms in 9th place to vomit up my wings and celery I had eaten a few hours earlier.

A few hands later two players busted out in the same hand and the remaining six who were now in the money high-fived each other, and sporting big smiles, began the chase for the $2,000 first prize. I sat watching not out of any real desire to see who won, but because I couldn't get off my chair.

That bust out stung me a bit and my arse was too heavy to lift off the seat. It should have been me high-fiving everyone. I deserved one of those high-fives I babbled to myself - hopefully not out loud. I finally thought I was going to lift this no-cashing-in-Vegas hoodoo from my shoulders; instead it remains hanging off my back like a rabid monkey and it's heavy and despite the analgesic effects of much strong liquor, it still hurt when I finally fell into bed with my shoes still on.

Labels: , ,

1 comments:

Comment by Alan on 26 April 2009 at 07:47

What no report on these events... "I shall seek out the Fox people and drink coors until my speach is as incomprehensible as the Chinesers and ensure Kathryn has a full glass of Rose at all times."

You know what they say, "Pics, or it didn't happen!"

Post a Comment