Final table at Binions

4/24/2009 12:44:00 pm / The truth was spoken by Rich /

I have become masochistically attached to the limit cash game at the Gold Coast. My schooling at the PLO cash game at the Fox has allowed me to accept all but the most vicious out-draws. If one is disciplined and patient there is no reason to have a losing session at this game.

I learnt the hard way, but I'm doing OK now. I've learnt that even in a limit game with a minimum of seven players in the pot - half of whom will be Chinese gambling maniacs - most players here will refuse to let top pair hands go and will chase flushes to the end whether it's a nut flush draw or not.

Raises are not respected and the kill pots are played exactly the same way. I haven't played in the tournament they have here at noon every day as I haven't been up that early yet apart from my first full day. I will make an effort to give it a go tomorrow though as I need to play a no limit format with these chinesers and their clicky noises and baffling dialect.

In other news, I made it to the final table of the $75 freeze-out at Binions early this evening. They only paid four places though as we only had 25 runners - alas I was out in sixth place not long after I busted a small stack when he was unable to better my flopped quad sixes.

Vegas is very quiet. I noticed that on my two visits to Binions I had no seen a single cash game in progress. Our dealer said April and December are the slowest months. It was only after busting out of the tournament I happened to realise why there were no cash games played in the main poker room; they now have a separate room for cash games and what a lovely room it is too.

Nicer even than the Venetian poker room I thought I'd sit in for while at the 1-2 no limit game. Instead I sat in for only twenty minutes as a Finnish guy who had busted two other English guys that same night completed his hat-trick and sent me back to the Gold Coast in a sulk.

I have had no alcohol today so tomorrow I shall make up for it. I will watch hockey as my boys are playing, I shall seek out the Fox people and drink coors until my speach is as incomprehensible as the Chinesers and ensure Kathryn has a full glass of Rose at all times.

Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment