Day 1

4/20/2009 03:32:00 am / The truth was spoken by Rich /

However excited and surreal Gulliver's experience must have been during his eponymous travels when he set down in the land of the giants it can't have been much m0re than is felt after touching down at McCarren airport and catching the first glimpse of the strip.

A four mile stretch of buildings that look like they were constructed by a 200ft toddler with his over sized lego set. Fucking brilliant. It's a city of contradictions really isn't it. It looks like it was built by a kid, but it's the ultimate adults playground. Where everyone dreams but n0 one sleeps. Of guilty pleasure and honest deviancy.

I'm here for something far more valuable than Gulliver's motives for weighing anchor at Brobdingnag...he was just after water, I'm after pleasure and money. Vegas has never failed to deliver the first of those ..but it's been a little reluctant to furnish my wallet with the second. I feel it'll be different this time.

It's approximately 6:30pm I think Vegas time. The sun is descending and my anticipation of what lies ahead is rising. My Asus Eeee runs hot and I've already spent too much time in my room. It's time Las Vegas' poker rooms and I were reacquainted, I will attempt regular updates, but for now let the games begin....come on now poker gods, put your loving hands 0ut





0 comments:

Post a Comment