Annoyed

2/03/2009 06:55:00 pm / The truth was spoken by Rich /

I placed a wager on Sunday that I thought had a decent chance of coming in. Unfortunately I didn't factor into my equations this nations complete inability to deal with circumstances unforeseen.

Whether it be, economics, public health, the weather or anything else supposedly without precedent, the country cannot cope. We are immediately rendered impotent because the dudes running this country are incapable of thinking on their feet. Not capacity for innovation at all. We can't overcome problems or think our way round them. These obstacles just appear before us and we stare at them scratching our heads and hope they just go away.

It's fucking embarrassing and it means I won't win as much money. The bet incidentally was a Yankee, but three of the four selections have been postponed so the bet has been reduced to a single £55 win (on West Brom). But it's really just how fucking pathetic we are at dealing with stuff that frustrates me.

It wasn't even unforeseen really. We knew it was going to snow, yet the whole country still ground to a halt. Yesterday it was -26 in Moscow. All their schools and businesses were open. I know they're used to snow and adverse weather conditions, but this isn't the first time it's ever snowed in England, this isn't the tropics. We ought to be able to deal with the stuff when it does come. And anyway, we're shit even when it's weather we are used to.

It rains here pretty much every day, yet the whole country nearly drowned a year or so ago cause we had the genius idea of building all our towns on floodplains. Old people die of heat exhaustion during the few days of summer we have because they're brains have rotted away and no one has thought to come and tell them that wearing a woolly cardigan while they're sat in their conservatory might not be the best idea. And the few that are told, all freeze to death in the winter because no one returned to remind them to put their cardigans back on.

People in charge of stuff, they really get on my tits. Meh!

Keep your fucking coat on Doris

Labels: , ,

2 comments:

Comment by Alan on 4 February 2009 at 08:51

Meh???

That's twice now! You're on a slippery slope young man... how long before 'tez' appears?

I think you should concentrate on getting 'Trombone Cock' & 'Harmonica Tits' into the BMJ, not helping get these ridic 3-letter sounds into the OED.

That's all I have to say about that.

(PS. Did you see what I did there?)

Comment by Rich on 4 February 2009 at 16:01

Fear not, internets speak remains one of the banes of my existence. The use of meh however has become a guilty pleasure. I won't use it again I promise.

Post a Comment