Stuff

1/15/2009 04:50:00 am / The truth was spoken by Rich /

While I'm waiting to fall asleep let's discuss a few things I've been thunking about just this evening. First off, it looks to me like poor old Steve Jobs is not long for this world. Have you seen him recently?

Poor dude. He's stepped down from his position with Apple and one has to wonder if he'll ever return. If you want to know what I think, I think he's got AIDS. Seriously, I'm not about to bust out some gayest joke, I really think so. HIV or AIDS is my best guess.

That might explain all the secrecy behind his illness and his physical condition. Damn shame if you ask me. Steve Jobs, maker of the most awesomest computrons ever, on the brink of a grizzly end and Alan Sugar, maker of Amstrad computers which were total shite, is still perfectly healthy. No justice man.

* * *

They've moved the Space Shuttle Discovery onto it's launch pad at Cape Canaveral today apparently. Or is it Cape Kennedy? I can never remember what they're calling it these days. I don't think they ought to have done that so soon.


It's not launching until February. Do they always move it onto the launch pad so long before the launch? Isn't it freezing cold in Merca as we speak? Even in Florida? I have a deep sense of foreboding about this launch.

They don't want ice to form on the thing and have it blow up over the Florida suburbs. Although if it lands on all the old ****** f*ckers then that can't be a bad thing I suppose...but anyway no...I shouldn't say such nasty things. Bad Richie. All's I'm saying is this seems like a wrong 'un to me. I've said me piece.

* * *

I've got a check up at the Big House tomorrow, but there's no way I'm going to be able to make it there. See, they used to have the clinics on Wednesday afternoons. I could manage that if they gave me the later slots. But now they have them on Thursday mornings. I just can't do it.

I physically can't get out of bed before about 2pm at the moment. I wonder what would happen if I did wake up at about 10am and noticed my flat was on fire...would I have the strength or the motivation to bother getting up?

I'm not sure to be honest. Certainly if I looked outside and saw a £50 note on the pavement I'd just let it blow away. It's hard work reversing my body clock and I don't really have a reason to at the moment since the shops are open so late these days, plus there's too many people about in the mornings. Everywhere they are, crawling about the place...like rats...psss psss psss.

* * *

Finally, I've been reading the Koran recently. Dear gah, it really makes one sigh. I'll probably bring a fatwa on myself saying this, but really...if you're going to fly a plane into a building because of a book why on Earth would you choose this one?? As literary works go, it's no more worth sacrificing ones self for than Jimmy Greaves' book "Football, it's a funny old game."

I don't get it. I don't get how it can be the literal translation of the word of Allah, yet it have been written in the 7th century. If I've got this right, it was meant to have been written over the course of 22 years from 610-632, but that's the Christian calendar. That's 610 AD, which means they accept that Jesus lived, which means they accept he was the son of God, which means that Allah can't be the only God don't it? Do it? Huh?

Clearly it's just a mishmash of the Torah and the Bible ain't it, which themselves are just a mishmash of stories and allegorical tales and Chinese whispers and myths and legends and drunken nonsense and so on.

Now that's fine if it's the 7th century and you're not even sure what the hell the moon is or what lightning is, but freaking heck fire, it's the 21st century now and I think, intellectually and academically we really ought to have progressed past this sort of stuff. I don't like the cheesy rhyming either. It reminds of me of something Richard Stillgoe would write. Come on now Muslims, Jews, Christians....grow up eh?

And as for those burkha's...well I've got this for you:

In your eyes you hairy repressed weirdos

Labels: , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment