NFL conference games

1/14/2009 08:20:00 pm / The truth was spoken by Rich /

All the Mercan sporty pundit dudes are all over the shop with their analysis of the post-season so far. They're contradicting themselves and arguing with each other and all sorts to try offer up an explanation of why the teams with the worst records are doing so well and the road teams are having such a whizzy jolly time of it.

Me, I think it's just cause there wasn't much difference in the quality of the teams to start with. The whole regular season was weird. As soon the boy Brady limped off early doors, it was open season and anything could and did happen. The post-season so far has continued this theme. All the games really were fairly close and decided by a lucky bounce here, an interception there and so on.

The Superbowl winner will be the team who has built up the most momentum I reckons. And so far that points to either Philadelphia or Baltimore. I reckons Pittsburgh are considered the favourites only cause on paper they appear to be the safest choice, but I reckons they're just a wee bit too confident. Most of the players have their superbowl rings from a few years ago and playing Baltimore, a team they beat twice already this year, might just infuse enough complacency within them to ultimately do them in.


Beating the same team three times in a season is almost unheard of, 'specially when they were lucky as fuck the first two times and outplayed for 7.5 of the 8 quarters. It was a field goal in OT that won it the first time around and a dodgy TD decision from the officials in the second.

Surely the last team they want to be facing in the Conference game is their most hated and chuffin' annoyed rival? I fancy Baltimore to win this one, possibly quite comfortably with that young whipper snapper Flacco using his laser beam arm to make some ball busting plays. And, and I'm not just saying this shizzle cause I bet on them, just simply cause I think they're going to want it more.

Revenge is a dish best served cold and beating Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh in the Conference game is about as cold as it gets and you can quote me. I fancy Big Ben to spend a lot of time on his hiney in this one with a 260lb Terrell Suggs sat on his face. Eeewww. Toss my salad biiiiatch! etc


* * *

In the other game I just cain't see the Eagles having any problems with this one. Faaaamous last words I know, but really...the Eagles look fannytastic. One wonders if the benching of McNabb was all a clever ruse and some awesome misdirection to hide the fact that they were in fact a Superbowl winning side and not a collection of disinterested gayers.


Arizona are obviously not the team that got blown away by Philly on Thanksgiving, but that game began Phillies rennaisance and I can't see how the Cardinals are 28 points better now than a few weeks ago. All the momentum looks to be with Philadelphia. I'm telling ya, there's something spooky going on in that town I'm almost tempted to put a few shillings on the Flyers for the Stanley Cup.

By my way of thinking it's Baltimore and Philly in the Superbowl and I'm fucked if I can tells ya who wins that one. My wallet and hearts would scream Baltimore, but my head says the Eagles.

The end.

Labels: , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment