Floaty things

1/20/2009 05:14:00 am / The truth was spoken by Rich /

I'm gonna tell you a story now, it's a bit sad but not really. Have you seen these white floaty things before? They're usually wafting about the place during the summer. They're about the size of a golf ball, maybe a bit bigger. I have no idea what they are or where they come from.

The reason I ask is cause I want to know is cause trivial things like this occupy my every waking moment until I find the answer. I've been thinking about them cause of a conversation I had with a guy recently who used to be my neighbour when I was a kid, he told me about a time when I was in a field behind my house and he saw me waving my arms about trying to catch these nameless floaty things.

He asked me what I was doing and apparently I told him I was trying to "catch the angels, because one of them might be my sister." Unfortunately, for those of you who don't know me, she died when she was 9, I was 6 or 7 at the time. Way after I'd realised there was no Santa I still used to catch these things and I'd make a wish and blow them away - as far as I can recall none of the wishes came true so I doubt they really are angels.

So anyway, I would very much like to know what they hayell they are now and what they're called. They look like Dandelion clocks, but that's not what they are. I'm getting pissed off because I don't even know how to search the googles for them cause I don't know what to punch into the search box. 'Floaty angel" just gave me some fucking odd shit. Any ideas?

Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment