Toys

12/22/2008 07:56:00 pm / The truth was spoken by Rich /

Today I've mostly been researching toys. My best chum has a couple of wee fella's and it's important their Uncle Nunzio gets them something spectacular. I got side tracked though on a visit to the Lego website. Space lego back in the day was immeasurably awesome. I think one Christmas I got a bike and a space Lego Galaxy Explorer. In retrospect, my life peeked that year. I must have been 6 or 7.

There's very few things in life that fills one with such a feeling of awesome as seeing a shiny bicycle in the living room when you bomb down the stairs on Christmas morning at about 6am. If I recall correctly, I've received two bikes on Christmas Day; a Grifter and a Chrome Burner BMX.

Who'd have thought that a shiny bicycle juxtaposed to a faux tan leather sofa could produce such a feeling of unbrindled joy in a wee one? It is magical though, a sparkly bike in the living room on Christmas Day is without doubt the most wonderful sight before your innocence is shoved out of the way by puberty and your focus is dominated by tits instead for the rest of your life.

Sparkly as fuck

I still consider that BMX or possibly that Galaxy Explorer to be the bestest Christmas present I ever got. I don't like children as a rule as they're so damned noisy and they always write rude words on my dirty car, but it's almost worth having a couple of them just to be able to buy them bicycles and Lego at Christmas. I'm very glad Lego is still popular. I was worried that it might seem too antiquated for the wee ones of today.

So friggin cool I can barely stand it

I don't mind telling you though, I'll be searching the deepest parts of the interwebs for one of those Galaxy Explorers just for me. Some Lego boffin somewhere must have one. I want it. Do you hear me? I WANT IT. If Rachel Stevens were to offer me a brand new Galaxy Explorer or an evening of sex with her and a few pints of warm runny custard, I honestly think it would take me more than a minute to decide on the sex. That's how bad I want one of these Lego sets.

Labels: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment