Splendid

12/19/2008 05:19:00 pm / The truth was spoken by Rich /


So now last night I placed a small wager on a Phoenix - Dallas double. I wager I thought I'd lost, until now. Both games were even match-ups but the home team always has a slight advantage and Nashville and Columbus are in Chicago's division - I always pay more attention to teams in the Central Division and both of these teams look like they've lost their way a bit recently.

Now then, Phoenix won. Hoorah! Only 2-1, but a win is a win is a win. Dallas, with 2 minutes to go were winning 5-4. Crazyness. I get nervy in hockey games when Chicago or the team I've bet on only has a one goal advantage with a couple of minutes to go in the game as the losing team always pulls their goalie and the extra man often makes the difference. With a one goal advantage and two minutes or less to go in the game, you know your team is either going to score in the empty net and win by two goals or the extra skater will tell and the the game will go into over-time. Columbus scored. Bastardo's!

Over-time in hockey is golden goal. Columbus scored after 13 seconds of OT. Bastardo's!! I was angry at this. It was only a small wager, but I take it as a personal insult from the betting Gah's when the games end in this fashion. As it turned out though, the game didn't end in that fashion. The goal was reviewed for ages and even though the reuslt was posted on the NHL website and ESPN, after about 5 minutes they ruled the guy had kicked the puck in the goal and play resumed. Dallas then went on to win. Woooooo. What a pleasant surprise.

The end.



Labels: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment