Stay off the moores

11/14/2008 03:05:00 pm / The truth was spoken by Rich /

I'm quite sure this weekend will be the last time I go anywhere near a shop for at least 8-10 weeks. Christmas is still six weeks away but even buying a sandwich at the Spar has become a traumatising experience. There's people everywhere. I went to the Pharmacy to buy some creams and even that place was packed. Who gives medications for Christmas presents? I'm not even sure if the meatball sandwich I bought made the whole trip worth it. It was good to be fair to it, but I can't honestly say I'd do it all again if I had the chance.

I also had to go to the bank. I wanted to change all my coppers I've collected this year into real monies. I don't enjoy doing this as it makes me feel poor. One of my bags of pennies only had 99p in it. I've been a loyal customer of Lloyds-TSB for about 30 years. Not once have I robbed them nor nothing and they can't let me off the 1p. A woman canceling a direct debit at the next window had to loan me the penny. The last time I felt that low I had just woken up in a ditch with sick all over my sleeve.

England were shit at cricket today for a change. English cricket is a microcosm of England the nation. It's shit and we're shit because Peter Moores and people of his ilk are in charge of everything. It used to be only politicians that spoke in that irritating non-speak language that sounds authoritive and informed, but when you analyse it, it's nothing but verbal guff. Platforms need to be built, positives need to be taken, hard work will put things right and so on.

These people are public relations officers only, they're meant to be the mouth pieces of the dudes who have the actual knowledge but not the social skills to deal with the meeja, but somehow they've replaced the people with the actual knowledge and now every Ministerial department, organisation and public service in the country and all of our national sports have a Peter Moores entrusted with its future constantly looking at positives and working hard to put things right. Consequently, we're fucked.

Finally a cool picture:


Labels: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment