Only bet on the horses

11/23/2008 04:47:00 am / The truth was spoken by Rich /

In medical parlance a zebra is the diagnosis of some really obscure disease when in fact it's far more likely the patient just has a common illness with uncommon symptoms. This boxing tripe tonight could well have been the wagering equivalent.

On paper everything pointed to an easy win for Ricky Hatton tonight. In fact, no matter what material the form book was written on, it was an easy win for Hatton. But an un-Hatton like year coupled with a loud mouth Italian who at least looked sort of like he knew what he was doing and throw in a desire to see Hatton lose and I'm suddenly declaring the most unlikely outcomes.

Malignaggi was simply overwhelmed tonight, completely pointless him being there. I knew it, I even frookin blogged about it, but I still almost went with my obscure diagnosis of a Malignaggi victory. Thank fuck I'd already done my cods on his brothers fight so I wasn't involved. I might have looked really foolish. I'm calling it as I see it from here on in people, know what I'm saying? From now on people, if I hear hoof beats, I'm thinking horsey, not zebra.

Labels:

1 comments:

Comment by Mlle. Christina on 23 November 2008 at 06:52

My faovorite part was after the fight when Oasis sucked on Ricky Hatton's ear. Someone nibbled his ear right before Noel Gallagher hugged him. We replayed it to make sure. We think it was Liam. This is important information

Post a Comment