And now for something completely different

11/06/2008 04:50:00 am / The truth was spoken by Rich /

My predictions for the US election were awesome. I think the only state I got wrong was Missouri and they still have called it cause there's only a four thousand votes separating them. Now it's all over in the US and a General Election here is about 16 months away I've run out of things to talk about so I thought I'd post a nice recipe for Quiche Lorraine until something else pops into my head worth discussing.


Yield: 1 (9-inch) quiche. Feeds two normal sized people or one fat bastard.

Ingredients:

* 1/2 (15-ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
* 8 bacon slices, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
* 4 green onions, chopped
* 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
* 6 large eggs
* 1 cup whipping cream
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
* 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
* 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg

Preparation:

Fit pie crust into a 9-inch pie plate according to package directions; fold edges under, and crimp.

Bake at 400° for 7 minutes; remove from oven.

Cook bacon pieces in a large skillet until crisp; drain on paper towels, and crumble. Sprinkle bacon, green onions, and 1 cup cheese into prepared crust.

Whisk together eggs and next 4 ingredients; pour mixture into crust, and sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese and nutmeg.

Bake at 350° for 35 to 40 minutes or until set. Let stand 10 minutes.

Labels:

4 comments:

Comment by Alan on 6 November 2008 at 08:27

quote - "I think the only state I got wrong was Missouri..."

Ahem! Arizona? Georgia?

Comment by Rich on 6 November 2008 at 17:18

Arizona and Georgia were highlighted as value bets. In the main body of the chronology piece I called them both for McCain.

Comment by Alan on 6 November 2008 at 17:34

Ah... I skipped all that old tosh and went straight to the end!

Comment by Unknown on 9 November 2008 at 15:19

Me too unfortunately

Post a Comment