Philadelphia to have their bell rung

10/22/2008 07:44:00 pm / The truth was spoken by Rich /

The TV dudes in the US of States are predicting rather poor ratings for the World Series which begins this evening. Tampa Bay v Philadelphia isn't too appealing really is it.? Everyone who gains from TV revenue was hoping for an L.A. Dodgers v Redsox series, but never mind it still has the potential to be an exciting series.

I'm backing Tampa Bay. I must confess although I predicted they would beat Boston, I made all the stuff about Nate Silver's advice up. I'm afraid I did not in fact receive one of his carrier pigeons.

It's not even clear if he was backing Tampa Bay, his website is subscription based and I don't care enough about baseball to invest in it. My endorsement of Tampa was a mixture of the very briefest of researching and a comment Nate Silver made about them on the Colbert Report.

I'm right about Philadelphia being cloaked in failure though, I was just a round too previous to illustrate the point with my previous prediction. In order to truly fail and let down those who care the most, you must first actually make the final. It's not a true let down if you fail in the semi's.

I might be wrong of course, but I feel Philadelphia may just get their bell rung in this series. In order for them to have any chance, they must win one of the first two games in Tampa. The home field advantage Tampa enjoys has fueled their season and having that advantage for four games in the World Series gives them a huge advantage.

I'll predict a comfortable Tampa Bay victory. A 4-1 win possibly 4-2 series win followed by another one of those dog-piles where you wonder how someone doesn't snap their spine.

Labels: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment