NFL week 3

9/21/2008 05:14:00 am / The truth was spoken by Rich /

Boomp3.com

Week 3 people and this Sunday's theme will be the hunters become the hunted. My wagers this week will focus on beating up on teams with predatory animal logo's. Most notably the Arizona Cardinals (Cardinals pray on defenseless seeds) because they're playing my team the Redskins and John McCain is their senator.

Arizona Cardinals Vs Washington Redskins - Washington 8/11 outright win

The Redskins are 8/13 for the win. It's a skinny price, but I don't rate the Cardinals. They're 2-0 but one of those wins was against Miami which you should only get half a point for and the other was against San Francisco, who despite a good win against Seattle, are still one of the weaker sides in the NFL. Washington have played the defending champions in New York and N'Awlins and are 1-1. They're a hard team to beat at home especially if you're a team who have had a 2-6 road record the last three seasons and 1-7 in 2004. So there.


Cincinnati Bengals Vs New York Giants - Giants (-13.5) 10/11

I read somewhere that tigers only attack humans from behind, which might explain why the Bengals always seem to be going backwards. Cincinnati even with a 13.5 handicap ought to take a pasting in New York. If the Giants can beat the almighty Redskins by 9 they can certainly beat the 0-2 Bengals by 14 and you can quote me.


New Orleans Saints Vs Denver Broncos - N'awlins 15/8 outright win

Denver may have been granted providence by saviour Barack Obama after they hosted the Democrat National Convention. Since Obama's speech at Mile High stadium the place seems to be protected by divine intervention. Or they may have just been lucky fuckers. I'm not a believer so I'm subscribing to the lucky fuckers theory, plus they're up againsy real Saints here and N'awlins ought to find them out. New Orleans at (+5.5) 10/11 seems daft to me, but I shall be going for the juicier 15/8 on offer for an outright win.


Tampa Bay Bucanneers Vs Chicago Bears - Tampa Bay 5/4 outright win

I'm not convinced by Chicago. They did beat Indianapolis, but I'll wager that was an exceptional result and not something they'd be able to repeat if asked to go back this week. I might be able to kick a tennis ball into a basketball hoop from centre court at the first time of asking but I'd give you the bird if you asked me to do it again. If it was later in the year and Chicago's winter was acting as their 12th man I'd give this one to the Bears, but it's not a factor yet and Tampa Bay are my pick for an outright win - (+3) 17/20 is a safer but slightly gayest alternative.


That's it for me. I shall mix these up in wee multiples and spend my winnings on sweets on Monday. Finally, as it goes I also fancy Minnesota and San Francisco, but got a bit bored with researching the games so haven't bothered with them.

Labels: , ,

1 comments:

Comment by Unknown on 21 September 2008 at 13:13

I agree with everything you have done except i think the Giants might struggle to cover the spread. New Orleans are a cracking price.

Post a Comment