Don't look at the mooooooon

7/21/2008 04:44:00 pm / The truth was spoken by Rich /

OH MY GOD!! I've just seen the latest BT advert. He's moved to Cornwall! He's got a new job and assume he'll be home only at weekends. Fool, fool!

Every bollock jockey in the village will be over his house looking to take his wife over the jumps. The marriage will never last. They've only been together a few months. Such a shame. They made a lovely couple. It's the kids I feel sorry for.

* * *

Speaking of kids, I usually don't care for them. They're noisy, inconsiderate and well, childish. I encountered an exception today - the exception that proves the rule probably, but an exception none the less - in the Post-Office of all places.

His mother was looking to send a parcel to Lincolnshire and while she was weighing her parcel her little boy was in the corner practising his karate moves. He was quite serious about it too. making all the appropriate noises. HIIIIIIYAH - HOOOOOO - HEEEEEE and so on. He noticed me watching him and began showing me his full repertoire of moves; punches, kicks, blocks, it was very impressive stuff.

I would love to be that age again, to have license to behave in what ever fashion you felt like wherever you were, with no obligation to social skills and no repurcussions. Awesome! I have to be drunk before I feel how that lad feels all the time. The best was yet to come however..

After paying for her postage, his Mum announced they were leaving and he let fly one more kick, turned to me, put his hands together and bowed at me. He bowed at me! Ha, brilliant, God bless him..deadly serious he was too. I bowed back and off he trotted.

It was a beautiful moment. Possibly the most awesomest display of childhood innocence I've encountered to date. I assumed I was completely bereft of paternal instincts, but I confess they surfaced briefly at that moment. Wax on my little man, wax on.

Labels: , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment