Sigh

5/28/2008 05:52:00 pm / The truth was spoken by Rich /

I've just paid £50 to put petrol in my car. Not to fill up, cause that didn't fill it up. I'm annoyed by this. I've noticed though, that most people still seem to say 'please' when they're paying. Pump number 6 please love. Why do people do this? Please take my money? I'll say please if someone does me a favour. BP have never done me no favours never.

It's not really the bullshit way that oil producing nations and oil companies are financially arse buggering us every couple of weeks that's got me annoyed. It's the cost of beer. Beer is way more expensive than petrol, but surely must be easier to manufacture. A litre is about 1.8 pints no? If I bought two pints of beer it would cost me about £6.00. Two pints of petrol cost me £1.36.

If the oil dudes are extortionate for raising the prices on a barrel of crude anytime a fist fight breaks out in Basra, then the suits at Fosters Group surely need sentencing to at least forty years in the back room of the Glitter Gulch on Freemont Street. Am I right? High five!

I'm going to make an audacious attempt to recover my petrol money this evening by laying England. What the hell they're doing playing a friendly a gnats hair away from June when we're not even involved in Euro 2008 is too much for me to figure out, but I can't see how anyone's going to give a shit. If you're backing England at 1.44 good luck to you, but there must be better odds on shots than that this day.

3 comments:

Comment by Unknown on 28 May 2008 at 20:34

It's 8.32pm and i'm beginning to wish i had listened to you. Never mind england has time yet. I have done a £50 double on the two odds on shots in the 8.05 and 9.05 at Beverly. The first one won so fingers crossed

Comment by Alan on 28 May 2008 at 20:34

Glad to see you're feeling better. :-) Hope you didn't bore the nurses with all the gory details of your visit to Glitter Gulch!?!

Comment by Unknown on 28 May 2008 at 21:11

It's 9.10 and i'm feeling a lot better about the situation...horse wins easy, and England are 1 up...now do i lay off at 1.16...?

Post a Comment