One Week! Woooooo

5/09/2008 07:49:00 pm / The truth was spoken by Rich /

Only a week to go now. I've been researching Vegas and by my calculations, daily, there's a 100% chance of mischief occurring 84% of the time I'm over there. My calculations also calculate 26% of my time will be spent asleep, and for Vegas that's a lot of sleep.

My goals are to somehow get on the news. TV news preferably but I'll settle for newspapers. I want to have some experiences with the cocktail waitresses from Caesars Palace that would be illegal in Pennsylvania and maybe win a buck or two at the poker tables.

I could conceivably achieve all my goals in one fell swoop. Possibly even on the first evening during the 11pm $120 effort at Ceasars. Wooo hoooo!

My secondary goals are to visit the places that weren't there during my last sojourn to the meadows over ten years ago. That's most places really since the place appears to reinvent itself every Toosday.

It looks like it's getting hot out there by way of weather so I've bought some awesome sandals. They're brown and appear to be made of rope. I've also bought several new pairs of pants and I'm giving some serious thought to buying a chap stick.

I'm very excited about this trip. It's the first proper holiday I've had since I was about 26 really, but it also holds a degree of trepidation. This will be the first time I've been really tested. Slovenia I was able to hole up in the hotel as it was only a weekend trip. This is different animal.

In Vegas you can't run and you can't hide. Inner demons become outer demons. Guilty pleasures are pardoned. Can I, for a whole week, not go fucking mental? Have I matured enough in 7 years to not jump on a policeman's back at 3am and ask for a piggy back ride home? Will I be able to hold back the surging waves of desire and not offer up a frontal goosing to the waitressing staff?

With only sandals to protect me, who knows. God speed and bless me.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity, but they've always worked for me." -- Hunter S. Thompson