Cry havoc and release the dogs of war

5/13/2008 12:20:00 am / The truth was spoken by Rich /

In real terms this is not the best time for my form and luck to desert me, with just 4 days to go until Vegas baby, but I just checked form and lucks rooms and all their stuff is gone.

Let's ignore the Pigeons game on Sunday because who knows what the fuck goes on in that game. I can only conclude that we play the game vicariously through the commands of the poker gods and somewhere in a smoky corner of their equivalent of Mount Olympus there's a selection of them pissed up on wine and moldy grapes laughing their fucking heads off at us.

The Fox though was different. I thought I played well, up until the last hand where a bitch slap too many forced me to call an all-in I shouldn't have gone near with someone else's cards.

In the first two levels I was dealth Ace-Jack about four times, King-Queen three times and Ace-Queen four times. I won two pots I think, the rest of the time they hit the muck after re-raises.

Good folds too as it happens, but I'm not keen on the hands that other people were being dealt. It's, it's, it's not fair. I hope this is not a trend that will follow me across the globe because Las Vegas is the very last place on Earth I would choose to be frustrated and in need of blowing off some steam.

Bitch slap 1

Blind on blind confrontation. Paul of Peros small blind, me big blind.

Blinds at 25/50

Paul of Peros - raise to 250
Me: (holding Ah-Qh) - re-raise to 850*
Paul of Peros: re-re-raise all-in
Matt of Bowden on the button: Folds like an old lady on stilts.
Me: Fold like a gay sailor
Paul of Peros shows Ace-Ace.

*Matt of Bowden folded pocket 9's to my 850 re-raise, this has repercussions in bitch slap 2


Bitch slap 2

Blinds 50/100

Four handed: pot 550. Flop: 3c - 8d - Jd

Me: (holding Jh-10c) raise 500
Matt of Bowden: all-in
Me: Fold like shit stained bed sheet

Matt shows 3d-4d. I believe this was a good fold despite technically being ahead. Had I not re-raised in bitch slap 1, Matt said he would have raised with his nines, Paul would then have re-re-raised him and I would have been able to fold my Ace Queen and saved 600 chips.


Bitch slap 3

Blinds 50/100

Four handed: pot 550. Flop Qc-3s-8s

Checked to me, (holding Qd-10c) I bet 300
Called by Mateyboy everyone else folds.

Turn: 9c

Me: Bet 600
Mateyboy, re-raise to 1600

Yes I know, I should have folded. I was ticked off though with all the previous folds. I took a leap of faith hoping mateyboy would have a similar hand to Matt of Bowden in the bitch slap 2 with a pair and flush draw. So I shove it all-in like a rapist in spring time.

Mateyboy then dwells up for 10 seconds announces he "has to call me" and shows me a set of threes. I'm home before 9.45pm. I didn't even get any of the food I paid for. I burnt my Gus Hansen book though.