Sneaky bastards, that's what I always say

3/29/2008 02:21:00 pm / The truth was spoken by Rich /

I bought me some US dollary-doos this week via the post-office's online facility. No handling fee, no commission and free delivery. Dollars arrived not 48 hours later. Marvelous. But wait! A cash charge appears on my bank statement for £4.50.

Say what!?

The bank are charging me for buying dollars from the Post Office? How does that work? What's the difference here between me buying dollars from the Post Office and buying a nice cardigan from Keepwarmthiswinter.com? They don't charge me a cash charge when I buy petrol or anything else for that matter when using ones debit card.

If I had just removed monies from the cash point and trotted off to the Post Office to buy my dollars, no charge, so why..why please I asked politely to the Lloyds-TSB lady. Well sir, because it's an electronic charge...the Post Office charges Lloyds-TSB when you buy currency from them using your debit-card.

But why don't Tesco's charge you £4.50 when I buy a selection of breads and some margarine from them using my debit card? Because exchanging currency involves extra costs to process the transaction.

So the Post Office are actually being sneaky bloody sucking bastards then by claiming their currency facility has no commission or handling charge, because they know they will get it back from you and you'll do their dirty work for them by passing on the charge to me? Are you people happy about this? Have you emailed in?

Well, I'm not in a position to answer that sir, but our charges are detailed clearly in the terms and conditions of your card although I can understand your confusion, and yes it does seem a rather stealthy means of acquiring commission...are you going anywhere nice?

What's annoyed me most about this, is this woman was Welsh and the more she spoke the more I found her accent was arousing me. It's been a trying morning.

The end.

0 comments:

Post a Comment