onos pros eortēn

3/08/2008 01:59:00 pm / The truth was spoken by Rich /

So it's off to Dusk Till Dawn again later today. Although I have to concede I don't have a great record at this place I think I'm due a performance. I'm not particularly superstitious but I will be wearing the same pants I wore on Toosday when Arsenal beat AC Milan.

As you know I've been considering changing my name and Asno is amongst the prime contenders. I shall be summoning up the spirit of the donkey before hand, so if you're anywhere near my place around noon tomorrow don't be alarmed by the loud braying and coughing coming from my back garden.

One of Aesop's fables tells of an ass dressed in a lion's skin that gives itself away by braying. This evening I shall reverse such a deceit by masquerading as a donkey, lulling my opponents into a false sense of security only to pounce at an unsuspecting moment predatory style. Failing this I shall gt knocked out in the usual manner and enjoy a nice carrot supper in the bar area.

* * *

I've had a small wager this morning on Portsmouth to beat Manchester Yoonited. As we speak it's a 0-0 at half-time*. I've had one or two other small wagers, but nothing worth noting. Cheltenham on Toosday - eek. I have no idea about anything. There's usually one or two bankers you can fall back on if your more optimistic selections aren't successful, but this year I'm lost. I shall be laying Denman and Kauto Star though I can tell you that for nothing. You just see if I don't.

* Update: Hee hee ha ha oooh hee. All green now. Backed at 13.2 layed off at 1.45. What an amusing turn of events. How have Man Yoonited not won this game several nil? I don't know about romance of the cup, but it's fat-willy time, I'm giving some serious thought to cracking one off into a tissue.

2 comments:

Anonymous on 9 March 2008 at 09:24

nh gg vwp sir!

Comment by Rich on 9 March 2008 at 11:12

You're very kind

Post a Comment