The Ecstacy of Gold

3/13/2008 10:01:00 pm / The truth was spoken by Rich /

boomp3.com

So it's here then people. Gold Cup day, in a couple of hours anyway. It's been an odd festival this year, not least because I've actually secured a profit for the first time in three years, but the cancellation of day two has discombobulated the card - nineteen races in two days, it's all just two much man, I can't cope.

Racing before 2pm is not natural. Anything before 2pm is tricky for me if you want to know the truth. I've been going to bed at 10pm just to prepare myself.

Cousin Vinny secured me a profit for the week, so tomorrow with only a proper bet on Refinement in the first race, it will all be about enjoying the build up to the big one as I've only had a cheeky each-way bet on Neptune Collonges (48 for the win).

I can't be backing horses at the 'Nam at Denman and Kauto Star prices no matter how good they is. Who shall win it though eh? Eh?

Well, I've been a Kauto Star man up until today but now I'm drifting like tumblewood towards the Denman camp. It ought to be a cracker though, one of the few races I'd want to see without having a vested interest in it.

First of all, I hope they both finish the race. It'll be a terrible anti-climax if Kauto Star thrashes his way through a fence and ends up hooves over tits as he's been threatening to do for quite some time. I'd actually prefer Kauto Star to win. It's a tenuous and haughty reason, but I like Clive Smith and I'm afraid I have a snobby dislike of the brash working class hero types.

Harry Findlay is either a lovable rogue who spills his peas all over the table cloth at posh dinners or just one of those loud cockney spiv types who we can all do without.

I'm not sure which, so for now I'm siding with Mr Smith. To my knowledge there's yet to be an Englishman named Clive you couldn't depend on. Let's hope this still holds true tomorrow.

1 comments:

Comment by Gilly on 14 March 2008 at 13:04

I've backed Neptune Collonges! and I've also had £5 e/w on Fustrien du paon at 2000/1 (well its worth a try).

I'm in the Kauto camp myself, but like you haven't put a bet on, never been one for short prices.

Gillyx

Post a Comment