I slept through a damn earthquake!

2/27/2008 01:43:00 pm / The truth was spoken by Rich /

I won't make any jokes about earth moving sex and variations on that theme on account of last nights earth quake as it's a comedy basic and a clear breach of my comedic ethic. However, I would like to discuss it briefly. I missed it you see. That's how it's been going for me lately. I'm missing all the good stuff.

This thing happened at about 1am. I know I was awake at 12.50am. I woke up, looked at my clock, considered putting the TV on to catch the end of Late Night Poker, but decided against it as I was Sky Plussing it and so took myself off for a quick piss and then back to bed. That means I must have been asleep within a few minutes of my return to bed. How unlucky was that? I never fall asleep that quickly.

I may not have noticed it anyway as I sleep on a water bed so Einsteins theory of relativity plus my drowsiness may have countered the vibrations, but it would have been nice to at least hear the screams from the neighbours.

This reminds me of the time when a tornado tore through a block of apartments a few hundred yards from where I was staying a few years back in Denver. I love tornadoes, they're my favourite causes of natural disasters. I've always wanted to see one, man I was pissed I missed that.

* * *
So, I've been using a new face pack recently. It's got witch hazel in it. It's one of those peel off efforts. I'm not happy with it. It's supposed to offer a cleansing and moisturising process for normal, oleaginous or t-zone skin, but it leaves my skin feeling hot and clammy and there's nothing worse than that. I want porcelain smooth skin and I don't think it's too much to ask, am I right girls? High five!

1 comments:

Anonymous on 27 February 2008 at 17:34

Well I was definitely awake at 1am and i didnt feel a damn thing! I think its just people in this area jumping on the "yeah i felt it too" bandwagon.

Post a Comment