It's a Sunday Jim but not as we know it

1/01/2008 01:35:00 pm / The truth was spoken by Rich /

boomp3.com

This is of course the worst day of the year. Worse even than Easter Sunday cause I quite like Spartacus. It's a Sunday on steroids. Everything is closed apart the Chinese take-away cause they're on some other time scale to the human race, nothing on TV except probably Wallace and Gromit a close shave, and it's the first day of the year.

Oh joy. I so look forward to the prospect of another 365 days of pissy weather and false promises. Every year I demand of myself that I realise my potential. I will finish the damn book I've been trying to write for about 4 years; I will re-visit Vegas; I will eat less Spanish sausage; I will make a fourth attempt at reading Ulysses and I will buy some new underwear.

Every year I sacrifice a cow and two chickens, but the covenant between me and my dreams is broken every time. Well not this year. I shall demand nothing of myself. I shall go wherever the buffeting winds of fate take me and I'll just eat the cow and chickens. It's, it's easier this way. I suggest you do the same.

Happy New Year.

1 comments:

Comment by Unknown on 1 January 2008 at 15:40

A new year so i thought i'd give Bob Hall another chance at Cheltenham, but guess what, he's still running

Post a Comment