Now Cato, NOW!!

7/07/2007 06:00:00 am / The truth was spoken by Rich /

I have imposed on myself a betting prohibition. A self-imposed hiatus to safeguard my sanity rather than financial well-being. However, a loophole was discovered in the small hours of a few days ago and has subsequently given me an interest in the Coral-Eclipse today at Sandown.

I haven't bet on anything, I've laid a bet. That's not the same is it? I mean it's easier picking losers than winners, so it goes. So opposing horses is congruous with the spirit of the embargo. Although on this occasion I'm not so sure, so the idea that this won't punch a hole in my sanity doesn't stand up to scrutiny. But sod it.

So anyway, I've taken the view that Authorized, a huge odds-on favourite, will be beaten. Beaten, either by "Jaffa" George Washington or Notnowcato. I don't care who/what wins, as long as it's not Authorized, piloted by that obnoxious Eye-talian. According to statistics, Frankie Dettori hasn't closed his mouth in seven years, so I think if he loses we can all find cause to rejoice.


anyone placing wagers on the strength of opinions expressed in this blog do so at their own risk the author is in no way responsible for any losses incurred please gamble responsibly be certain you are over the minimum age in your country or state and don't talk to strangers racing information is subject to change terms and conditions may apply

2 comments:

Anonymous on 7 July 2007 at 09:47

Couldn't agree more, i think its a fantastic price to lay, 3 or 4 horses could beat him

Anonymous on 7 July 2007 at 13:44

I wish I'd laid that female tennis player yesterday! ....... not in a lesbian way, just incase you were wondering. Apparently a little over £4,000,000 (not good at writing figures) was made odds on prices for her opponent.

Post a Comment