So, just for the record

6/15/2007 03:51:00 pm / The truth was spoken by Rich /


It's Royal Ascot next week and for what it's worth my big bet of the week is Bentley Biscuit in the Golden Jubilee Stakes next Sarruday. I promised myself I wouldn't bet anti-post after the connections of Teofilo's coup de théâtre which no doubt had them laughing all the way to the bank, but my promises to myself are as solid as cats poo, so I've had a few shillings on it and promises be damned.

On a slightly different note, I've been experimenting with high-fives recently instead of handshakes. High-fives make me laugh. They're not as stuffy and formal as a handshake. Don't get me wrong, a handshake has it's place, but the satisfying slapping noise of a high-five leaves one feeling exhilarated and vibrant in a way that hand-shakes never could.

I offered the lady at a well know high street supermarket check-out a high-five; she was late 50's by way of age and hours of monotonous check-outing had given her a vanquished glazed countenance, so when she offered me my change I offered up a high-five and god bless her she took my offer and high-fived me like a pro. Honest, you would have thought she'd been high-fiving all her life. She laughed, I laughed, the man behind me with a basket full of Castlemaine XXXX laughed and I left the place dancing on air. A handshake couldn't do that.

Try it yourself.


1 comments:

Anonymous on 15 June 2007 at 20:16

Thanks to you, I tried a high five on the teacher at the boy's school but missed and hit her in the face. I've been charged with GBH.

Post a Comment