Serves you right, you greedy bastard.

6/09/2007 02:00:00 am / The truth was spoken by Rich /

Schadenfreude has become some what of a hobby for me recently if I'm totally honest, but only because there are so many people in my immediate vicinity who deserve nothing but the most appalling luck and insurmountable circumstances heaped on them by the shovel load.

Also, I think deep inside us all runs a vindictive nasty streak and because of this I think it's OK for me to find other peoples misfortune amusing, particularly when that other person is clearly a twat.

So anyhoo. I'm a betting man. I like to have the odd flutter, but I'm not greedy. Any profit will warm my cockles. But some people are greedy. Like the chap today who decided to lay a horse at odds of 1000/1 for a stake of £150 when the commentator, Derek Thompson had announced that it had fallen at the first fence.

Anyone who uses betting exchanges and has listened to Derek Thompson's commentary will already have guessed the rest. The horse had in fact not fallen and in fact, went on to win the race.

The greedy bastard who had laid the winning charge at odds of 1000/1 had just lost £150,000.

I've only just stopped laughing about it. I haven't been able to eat and I've been sick twice. I find it so amusing because anyone who wants to risk £150,000 just to win £150 deserves everything they get. But to risk that amount of money on the say so of Derek Thompson is proof if any were needed, that some people shouldn't be allowed possession of that amount of money in the first place cause they're so stoopid they're a danger to themselves and others.

For those of you not familiar with Derek Thompson, he knows the racing game inside out, but he's a bit Alzheimey and senile; the kind of guy who'd go outside without socks and always get your name wrong. Consider the progeny of David Coleman and Thora Herd, or Ronald Reagan and Blanch from the Golden Girls, and you've got Derek Thompson.

God bless him though, he did have a laugh when he realised his mistake. I did too. Don't worry Thommo it's only cabillions of pounds being thrown away on your say so. I think there's a lesson in this for us all kids. Mostly it's to do with not following old senile men down dark alleyways, that's literal and metaphorical dark alleyways. And always be kind to your mummy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment