Books wot I read recently

5/12/2007 04:56:00 pm / The truth was spoken by Rich /

I've spent the last few weeks at home in my jammies for one reason or another and going mental has been a very real possibility as one can only tolerate a certain degree of seclusion without going slightly Spanish. I turn to literature to hold back the crazies during periods such as this one; books and my friends who live between the walls. Anyhoo, I'd like to share my selections with you. Why not I always say.

An artist of the floating world - Kazuo Ishiguro.












The art of war - Sun Tzu.















Slaughterhouse five - Kurt Vonnegut.












A man without a country - Kurt Vonnegut.















Flashman's lady - George MacDonald Fraser.












Phil Gordon's Little Green Book; lessons and teachings in No Limit Texas Hold 'em.
















Quite unintentionally most of these books are about war, the aftermath of war or quasi-war scenarios. I have adopted a kind of me against the world paranoia recently too. Which came first? I'm not sure. I blame the 24 hour news channels, oh and Tony Blair obviously.

I'm gonna have some herbal tea and read some Mills and Boon, see what happens.

1 comments:

Comment by Mlle. Christina on 12 May 2007 at 17:29

I think more people should dress like Flashman. There could be a clothing line called Top Hats and Cricket Bats. It's gold!

Post a Comment