The trial of Tony Blair

1/16/2007 05:24:00 pm / The truth was spoken by Rich /

tony1_228x120

Watching Alistair Beatons satire of a possible post-Prime Ministerial future for Tony Blair, I couldn't help but think back to a time as a wee nipper at Easter when I would fantasise about chomping my way through an easter egg sized Cadbury's creme egg. It would be the size of an easter egg, but instead of being hollow it would be full of the same fondant you find in normal Creme eggs.

tony2_228x120

So delicious as a fantasy but in reality just too delicious. Too sweet, too good to be true. I'm glad they never made them like that as it would have ruined a lovely fantasy.

The Trial of Tony Blair was a giant Cadbury's creme egg. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has contemplated just how magnificent it would be to see Tony Blair in the Hague, Slobodan Milošević stylee, answering to a war crimes tribunal and them hopefully committing suicide, but it's a contemplation which we all know is too good to be true.

tony_grab

The Trial of Tony Blair only served to remind us all of this fact. Seeing it all played out on screen just showed how completely improbable the whole thing is and how unrealistic the chance of Tony Blair swinging from the ceiling of a Dutch prison cell by his gucci belt really is.

tony_trail_228x120

But still, it's a lovely thought. So beautiful that one might be totally incapable of fully articulating the euphoria and elation one would feel as his image as a pretty straight kinda guy was Jonny Wilkinsoned into touch forever and his very real image as a war criminal would serve as his legacy forever. I can only imagine my reaction, certainly I would not be able to find the words to express my joy of Blairs world collapsing around him, I think my reaction would be something like this:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPz-j3bfq3E&mode=related&search=

0 comments:

Post a Comment